I'm suffering from severe temptation to buy a ZI since my Contax G2 has died. I'd be grateful for any answers to the following ...
1) is it ok with IR film? - no fogging, fogging around the sprocket holes, or fogging into the frame?
2) how does the AE lock work? a thumb button (cf Nikon slrs), a lever on top (cf Contax G2), partial pressure on the shutter release, all of the above?
3) apart from the metering, does it work if the batteries are dead (like the cameras which will still fire at 1/60 even without a battery)
4) any comments about robustness & build quality?
5) I understand that shutter speeds can only be set to whole stop increments in manual exposure. Can you use the exposure compensation dial to get 1/3 stop increments when using manual mode? (This works on the G2)
And lastly, is there anyone around Oslo who has one that I could look at?