Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,629   Online: 847

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am, I mean, was a Nikon rangefinder shooter. I have my S3 2000 on ebay this week.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone here uses Nikon rangefinders? It seems that there is much talk about every other brand, but very little (if any) about Nikon rangefinders.

How do Nikon Rangefinders (particularly the S2) compare in terms of ease of use and reliability to Leica M3's, Canons, Contax's, etc?

I started another thread on this forum about using a modern film canister in an S2, but I didn't get too many responses. That made me do some research here and I found very little threads about Nikon rangefinders. Any particular reason why Nikons are hardly mentioned? Again, just curious.
    The S2 is the only rangefinder I can think of with a 1:1 viewfinder
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Roger's been spending a lot of time over at the Rangefinder Forum the past several days. I suspect he'll come back here eventually.

Jim B.
    He doesn't like Contaxes
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess it was never meant to be.

I ordered an S2 with a 50mm 1.4 from KEH last week and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

It was never delivered.

I checked with UPS and they advised me that they lost my package!!! The tracking info advised that it made it all the way from KEH to the hub in my city. It then states that it was in the truck. That was the last entry. THE UPS DRIVER LOST MY CAMERA!!!!

I contacted KEH today and they were both sympathetic and helpful. Problem is that the S2 in EX condition that I ordered was their last one.

I came so close to owning the S2 of my dreams. What a pitty that we have such dishonest people on this planet. I blame the UPS driver entirely for this. I wish there were someone I can complain to about him. Unfortunately that won't bring my S2 back to me, but at least it would prevent this guy from ruining other people's holidays.

p.s., I have ample reason to suspect the driver took it because of the following:

1. I work two blocks away from my home and I once had to have a word with the UPS driver because he was blasting his music very loudly from his truck at the place I work. I asked him politely first, but then he copped an attitude and I told him he needed to lower the music or leave. (yess, it was that loud).

2. A couple of months passed by since that incident and I thought all was ok with him afterwords. Yesterday when I was supposed to recieve my package I noticed he went to my workplace first. I asked him if he happened to have the package on his truck so I could save him the trip, but he said that he wasn't the driver who delivered on my street and that the driver had not brought his cellphone that day, so he couldn't contact him.

3. The tracking info indicated that it had left the warehouse/hub and was in route to my residence; the package was on a UPS truck.

4, Mysteriously my package never shows up! Coincidence? I think not.

UPS really sucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The whole thing sucks. I just hope you get all of your money back.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    The whole thing sucks. I just hope you get all of your money back.
    Thanks. I am really pissed off at UPS now. It's not so much about the money, it's more about the mean-spirited jerk driver who "lost" my package. It's about the fact that this camera in the condition I ordered is extremely difficult to find. One way or another, the money will go back into my credit card. I will dispute this charge until I breathe my last breath.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin