Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,509   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vanspaendonck View Post
    How?
    I have a M6 TTL and an older Leitz polarizing filter and have always found it awkward to have to observe the subject through the filter first, rotating it in my hand, mark the orientation, screw it onto the lens, set the orientation of the filter, and then finally take the shot.
    Do you perhaps turn the filter untill you get the lowest light reading? Does that produce good results?
    Yes, when I get the lowest light reading the effect on the sky is the largest. Not really acurate to know what it looks like. But I like the results.
    /matti

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You simply hold the filter to your eye, turn the polarizer until you like the results, then note the position on the white mark... 12 oclock, 2 oclock etc. Screw the filter on the lens. Turn the filter to the appropriate "oclock" (make sure you take into consideration vertical or horizontal orientation." Add 1.3 stops of exposure (or 1.5 if you can't use 1/3rd stops), and take the image. It's really that simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin