Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,700   Posts: 1,669,739   Online: 808

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    maybe the place you bought the camera from
    was being NICE and loaded your camera
    with a battery for you, and then gave you a spare battery ...

maybe the store inspects their products to make sure it wasn't
    damaged goods from the factory NIB ... ( maybe the factory suggests dealers do this )

john

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I understand the used car like new analogy and agree it's the way to go for great value, but I was prepared to pay full price, not half price. And $500 is not all that much, and peace of mind is important at least for me.

I accept it's probably a lot of psychology. Who knows? Maybe the "fresh" new camera I got instead is someone else's return, just packaged perfectly and sans battery.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    When I sell a new camera that takes a battery's I usually test the camera before shipping it out just because it's cheaper than paying shipping back if it didn't work. I leave the battery in the camera. I think people are glad I do... although I've never asked.

In Canada if someone buys a new camera then returns it, it can not be resold as new, but has to become "refurbished" or used. It hasn't happened too often but when it does I usually just throw the item on ebay and move it along. These are often a great deal for the new buyer since it's often only a couple hours used but they save some money.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    When I sell a new camera that takes a battery's I usually test the camera before shipping it out just because it's cheaper than paying shipping back if it didn't work. I leave the battery in the camera. I think people are glad I do... although I've never asked.

In Canada if someone buys a new camera then returns it, it can not be resold as new, but has to become "refurbished" or used. It hasn't happened too often but when it does I usually just throw the item on ebay and move it along. These are often a great deal for the new buyer since it's often only a couple hours used but they save some money.
    -Rob
    Rob,

I hope you charge the original purchaser a "restocking fee" (usually a percentage amount) to re-coup the difference b/w your original mark-up margin and the reduced margin (plus eBay fees) that you pay to re-sell as refurbished.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin