Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,638   Online: 813

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Brand new shipped with battery inside???

Hi,

I just got my R3a and it ships with two LR44 batteries in a separate package but when I opened the battery compartment, I was surprised to see a uni-battery already inside. Is this normal? Was someone testing the camera or something?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sounds like it! I can't imaging they would shelve/store them with a battery in them as it has the ability to leak...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's normal for a store to open a box to show someone a camera or other device if they don't have a display model. I wouldn't think twice about it if the thing works perfectly and has the warranty and everything.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would approach the seller with this question, might get a courtesy discount!!..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It seems to work beautifully, and the battery wasn't corroded at all. Then again, I'm no expert, so maybe it's best if I call and ask about it.

Thanks.

(Note: Four years ago when I bought a new camera from B & H the "new" camera had a corroded battery inside and I exchanged it)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I´ve decided to return it because after speaking with the friendly folks at a licensed distributor of Bessa's in the U.S., I am told B&H sells gray market cameras without warranty and now that I think about it, the camera didn't come with any warranty ... I stupidly assumed there was one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    I´ve decided to return it because after speaking with the friendly folks at a licensed distributor of Bessa's in the U.S., I am told B&H sells gray market cameras without warranty and now that I think about it, the camera didn't come with any warranty ... I stupidly assumed there was one.
    B&H does sell gray market products. But usually states that to be the case in their catalog where they quote both the US and "Gray" prices.

Are you saying that they misled you?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    B&H marks "grey market" items as "imported" on their website / catalogue.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    Generally, B&H grey-market equipment may be sold without the manufacturer's warranty, but B&H still provides a warranty. That's quite a long cry from "without warranty".
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H's grey market equipment is guaranteed by the store. If something goes wrong with it, they will fix it or replace it. I bought a grey market 400mm Canon lens from them several years ago that developed a problem. They replaced it promptly with a new lens that had a US warranty.

I would not hesitate for a second in buying grey from B&H.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin