Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,748   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    [QUOTE=BrianPhotog;575297]For a little more on the inner workings, I have a DIY article on R2A/R3A rangefinder adjustment at: http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/58/82/.

QUOTE]

Hi Brian,

I checked out your pages and bookmarked them. It's very interesting. I'm wondering if the whole alignment issue you discuss is the issue I'm having.

When I use the focus patch on my r3a, I can usually line up high contrast vertical lines, but it doesn't quite work with other things. Example: I'm focusing on a face with glasses. When the nose is focused according to patch alignment, I notice the rims on the glasses are not. Is this a depth of field issue?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The tip of the nose and the glasses are most likely on different distances from your camera and hence can’t be in focus at the same time.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Uhner; 01-23-2008 at 02:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    The tip of the nose and the glasses are most likely on different distances from your camera and hence can’t be in focus at the same time.

Cheers.
    Yep! the glasses are behind the nose so both can't be the focal point.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gents, For what it's worth, I've started a Bessa repair Wiki with the intent of offering a place where Bessa knowledge can be consolidated:
    http://bessar.wetpaint.com/

Feel free to use it or ignore it as pleases you. It has pointers to the articles you've mentioned above.

I've posted information about this wiki several times on Rangefinderforum.com and the information has never been deleted.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was banned from RFF [...] quite some time ago now - back when the site was owned by Jorge Torballa.

It was a blessing in disguise as I had just discovered APUG and have never really looked back.

I'm going to check out BrianPhotog's site recommendation. I remember him from my RFF days - good to "hear" from him again.

BTW: I've only lightly used my two CV Bessa R2S's - but very interested in hearing about how they stand up over time. And how, if need be, to get them repaired.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 01-27-2008 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Personal information edited.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are a lot of good people here from what I see. Why did they ban you George? You seem like a knowledgeable and friendly person.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post
    Yep! the glasses are behind the nose so both can't be the focal point.
    Ok, then how come when I focus on a wall frame and the vertical sides are aligned, the top side is not? Is this also a distance issue? If I align right up to the top corner, the vertical side is good and the top side is slightly off ... It sort of bothers me, but if it will all come out in focus anyway then I´m not too concerned.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    There are a lot of good people here from what I see. Why did they ban you George? You seem like a knowledgeable and friendly person.
    Thanks. I never quite knew why and no longer care. It was a long while ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe they were having their period.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    Ok, then how come when I focus on a wall frame and the vertical sides are aligned, the top side is not? Is this also a distance issue? If I align right up to the top corner, the vertical side is good and the top side is slightly off ... It sort of bothers me, but if it will all come out in focus anyway then I´m not too concerned.
    Vertical misalignment? I have a article on vertically adjusting the RF patch at http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/58/82/, but I'm not sure that's what your issue is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin