Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,738   Online: 814

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

good website for info on Bessas?

Hi,

I have more questions about the inner workings of the R3a, specifically, but I don't want to bore anyone here so is there a website that has an explanation of how it works in and out?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Also: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/

As I understand it, the site is now owned by the same fellow who owns Camera Quest.

BTW: Steve Gandy is a "good guy". I've purchased two R2S camera bodies from him and several lenses to fit etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Also: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/

As I understand it, the site is now owned by the same fellow who owns Camera Quest.

BTW: Steve Gandy is a "good guy". I've purchased two R2S camera bodies from him and several lenses to fit etc.
    Only so long as you're buying from him (and I have, including my 28 Ultron, 25 Skopar, Bessa L, and a few odds & ends). If he thinks you're biting into his business, like publishing how-tos on Bessa repair, etc... then it's a different story. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    Hi,

I have more questions about the inner workings of the R3a, specifically, but I don't want to bore anyone here so is there a website that has an explanation of how it works in and out?
    For a little more on the inner workings, I have a DIY article on R2A/R3A rangefinder adjustment at: http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/58/82/.

There is also an article out there (can't locate it now) that has photos of a disassembled R2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Only so long as you're buying from him ... If he thinks you're biting into his business, like publishing how-tos on Bessa repair, etc... then it's a different story.
    What exactly do you mean by that?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that?
    It means exactly what it says. It's a fairly straightforward statement. As to why (that's probably what you intended to ask) it was already discussed to death some months back on the CVUG (a discussion which I could not be a part of) and the forums on the uCVc.

The CVUG has archives. Check there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for mentioning uCVc Brian, having been made persona non grata in the RFF shop quite some time ago I had no idea the uCVc was out there! Just signed up.

Also I saw mention of rfcameras.org on uCVc, but get a domain default page when I navigate there. Does anyone know if the site is down, or is there a problem at my end? I'm running Safari or Firefox on Intel mac.
    Last edited by Andy K; 01-23-2008 at 05:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Thanks for mentioning uCVc Brian, having been made persona non grata in the RFF shop quite some time ago I had no idea the uCVc was out there! Just signed up.
    No worries. For a time Gandy was banning any reference to the uCVc on the RFF (i.e. if anyone would post a link to a review or article there the post would be deleted by a mod...not photo.nut or any other site...just uCVc). I'm not sure if he's still doing that.

Also I saw mention of rfcameras.org on uCVc, but get a domain default page when I navigate there. Does anyone know if the site is down, or is there a problem at my end? I'm running Safari or Firefox on Intel mac.
    Yeah, it didn't last long. There were a couple users that really beat the forums admin to death and he just threw in the towel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post

Yeah, it didn't last long. There were a couple users that really beat the forums admin to death and he just threw in the towel.

Thats a real shame. One person having a virtual monopoly on RF discussion is not good, particularly when that person has a vested interest in selling RF cameras.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin