Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,241   Online: 904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

New member, new RF'er

Hello everyone. I'm a new APUG member, working photojournalist and am returning to film photography as a 'stress reliever'
    I just ordered a Zeiss Contax IIa w/50mm Sonnar f2 to get started in RF photography. Looking forward to learning a lot here.
    Mary

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Mary, from a newcomer to APUG and rangefinder photography. Everyone's really friendly, there's a huge knowledge base to access, which is pretty much why this is the first forum I've actually PAID to use!

Cheers, Lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pjriley View Post
    ..I just ordered a Zeiss Contax IIa w/50mm Sonnar f2 to get started in RF photography. Looking forward to learning a lot here.
    Mary
    Ooh, shiny I got into rangefinders via Leica copies/derivatives from the former Soviet Union, and have fairly recently also picked up a Contax copy/clone - a Kiev 4a. Very nice to hold, focus, and use, but you have to master the "Contax grip" otherwise you'll block one of the rangefinder windows with your hand. Not sure if it's a design feature, or I just lucked out, but it's got an *extremely* quiet shutter. (Unfortunately mine has a frame-spacing issue - not uncommon, apparently - so it's going to go out for service shortly.)
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Mary,

I just joined too, recently ... bought a Bessa R3a and can't wait to start shooting with it.

Welcome!

R.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    We RF newbies will just have to post often so the 'old hands' in here can steer us on the right path. I've been shooting a Nikon D2h for so long on the job, the Contax will take some getting used to, for sure.
    M

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Cool, what kind of work did you do with the d2h?

I find that the RF gives me more freedom to shoot from the hip or not care so much about exact composition. I can compose/crop later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mary welcome to apug. Your avatar is remarkably similar to mr Goldfarb's

Shooter
    35mm RF
    bessa L R3a; I'm a working photojournalist and reporter covering the cop/crime/fire beat. I also do 'other duties as assigned' of course, so shoot just about everything.
    jd: I chose the avatar because I had a problem uploading one of mine and I'm not a cartoony sort of gal!
    Mary

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, Mary. Welcome to the group. You should find plenty of useful information hereabouts. Don't leave the lights on and remember to turn off the water.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mary,

Welcome to APUG and rf photography. If you have not done so yet check out http://www.rangefinderforum.com/ .

Best regards,

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin