Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,244   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The basic Bessa design, including shutter and film wind construction, is one that Cosina has used for years and years. In particular, the Copal shutter is very sturdy and a time-proven design. It's been modified for the Bessa to have two sets of curtains, but I don't think that will cause any problems. The film wind concerns others have mentioned shouldn't be much of a concern; just don't try to wind too fast in succession. And plastic-bodied cameras have been out there for 30 years; they may not look as nice when worn, but they're plenty sturdy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    Baby it and it should be okay.
    I haven't babied my R2, R2a, or L in the years I've used them...and they've been bumped around in my unpadded shouldbag, been dropped more then a few times, and seen action in typhoons.

My only complaint is the winding mechanism (the frames spacing), but that has nothing to due with durability. Seeing that the winding mechanism in the L and R (single throw) is different then that of the R2/3/4 (racheted) he may not have to deal with that one.

Anyway, they are great day2day cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Is the Bessa line of cameras as durable as an "M" Leica? Does a Bessa cost as much as a Leica?? Of course not...and it is not as durable as a Leica "M" body, but it is a nicely finished camera using a well established building block approach perfected by Cosina by many years of manufacturing similar bodies for entry-level SLR's for major brands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin