Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,632   Online: 675

Shooter
    35mm RF

How does the frameline selector work?

Hi,

When I got my R3a it was set by default to 40/90 but the switch will go to 50 or 75.

I haven't touched the switcher yet but wondering how it works, what happens if I switch it to something else with the 40mm still connected, etc ... What is actually going in inside the camera when the switch is made.

Thanks!

R.

ITD
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    It just changes the framelines that you can see - doesn't affect anything else.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep. It only effects the framelines that are visible in the viewfinder. It can be a great tool for "previewing" different focal length compositions before changing lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The frameline selector is in NO WAY attached to the lens or shutter, so you can flip it at will, regardless of what lens you have on the camera. All it does is change the brightframe visible in the viewfinder window.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the explanation. I tried it. Very cool!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin