Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,276   Online: 813

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leica Lens Hood

Shooter
    35mm RF

Leica Lens Hood

Can I use a rectangular lens hood for my 35mm 1.4 pre-asph?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

I know that there is a square one that fits the pre asph 35mm Summicron and I see no reason that this one would not work on a pre asph 35mm Summilux as well. But I must confess that I do not know the model number on this lens hood…

You can also take a look here: http://www.kbcamera.com/lenshoodchart.htm

C

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since a Leica lens hood is a topic, let me recount an experience. I was taking pictures in Bryce Canon, when my Leica hood came off and dropped down a cliff. Each time it bounced off the rocks as it disappeared into the depths below, I counted : ten dollars, twenty dollars, thirty dollars.........

John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLeica View Post
    Can I use a rectangular lens hood for my 35mm 1.4 pre-asph?
    There are 2 official Leica hoods - what is your lens number? In principle, you can use a rectangular hood if it is the right fitting and not too deep and if your lens mount does not rotate while focusing.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the is a ridge on the newer lens and a groove in the hood so the hood doesn't rotate.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    How much is a replacement hood for a 35 Summilux pre-ASPH? Are they still available? I just dropped my M6 onto concrete, and the hood was badly dented. No damage done to the camera though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusion Circle View Post
    How much is a replacement hood for a 35 Summilux pre-ASPH? Are they still available? I just dropped my M6 onto concrete, and the hood was badly dented. No damage done to the camera though.
    I know the 35 1.4 pre-asph vented hoods are rare and expensive. You'll probably spend around $125-200 for a decent one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLeica View Post
    I know the 35 1.4 pre-asph vented hoods are rare and expensive. You'll probably spend around $125-200 for a decent one.
    The current 35mm 42mm clip on cron hoods will fit, but are expensive new or second user, not done a full test but no sign of vignette yet. You get less flare with the square hood.

Noel
    P.S. there is not a notch on the lux to stop the hood rotating and some are close to the aperature ring but an elastic band helps a lot, or a nail file on the hood nubs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    That’s the model I use on my 35mm (4th generation) Summicron. I can recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin