Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Leica M Viewfinder

I've got a Leica MP and want to change out my .72 for a .85. Does anyone know where I can get this done and how much it would cost? Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would suspect it would be cheaper to sell your camera and buy another with the finder you want.

Regards,

David

PS: I find that the following is available:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-25x-Viewfind...QQcmdZViewItem

Sure beats sending the camera back to Leica!
    Last edited by David H. Bebbington; 02-18-2008 at 05:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm with David, you should have bought a .85 model camera in the first place.

I shoot with two M6 TTL. Once is their .58, and the other is their .85. When buying my system, I planned out my purchases with this goal in mind.

Why not add a magnifying eye piece to the .76 when you need magnification? Leica makes a nice one. Far cheaper. I use one on my .85 when shooting with my 75 mm, and 135 mm lenses.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi. I spoke to 'my' Leica repair person about getting my finder changed to 0.52 (or whatever it is) for me and he too advised that it would be cheaper to find a camera with the finder you need.

PETE.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    I'm with David, you should have bought a .85 model camera in the first place.

I shoot with two M6 TTL. Once is their .58, and the other is their .85. When buying my system, I planned out my purchases with this goal in mind.

Why not add a magnifying eye piece to the .76 when you need magnification? Leica makes a nice one. Far cheaper. I use one on my .85 when shooting with my 75 mm, and 135 mm lenses.
    I never thought of that! I checked ebay I saw a Leica brand 1.25x, but it's like $200. I saw another one from Hong Kong for $80.

Is the cheaper Hong Kong brand magnifier any good, or should I shell out for the Leica brand?

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got the Leica magnifier, but I'm sure the Hong Kong one works just fine. You could run a search on Rangefinderforum -- I think I've seen people talking about it there. -Laura

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The HK one is fine. I lost mine the first time I used it.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I think Honk Kong one is not a leica brand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd probably go for the Hong Kong version as well. That will leave you more money to buy film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lucy,
    If you're looking for a round number for swapping out the finder check with DAG camera repair. He's Leica trained & has a bunch of used parts perhaps he could get you some numbers.
    Keep in mind cheap is relative if you have to spend around a grand to get another body. If your (camera)body works well & you like it except for the finder, it's an argument against buying the unknown quantity of a different body.
    I'm stretching the memory now but don't you lose the 35mm field when changing to the .85 finder. No big deal if you're not going to use a 35 though.
    Just read the OP again, aren't the MP's few & far between on the used market?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin