Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,844   Online: 928

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    You can pick up Reica for a darn sight less. A working 35RC will run under $100, a 35SP between $100-$200. The picture quality will make you wonder why anyone would spend more!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    You can pick up Reica for a darn sight less. A working 35RC will run under $100, a 35SP between $100-$200. The picture quality will make you wonder why anyone would spend more!
    Are we talking Olympus here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are lots of Leicas for under 300 $US out there. They may be labeled Canon, FED, Zorki, Bessa or whatever, but if you care that much about price you should care less about brands and ultimate mechanical quality. A cheap Leica may get *very* expensive in the end if it needs work to be done.

JM2C

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not possible.

A good source for cheap RELIABLE M2s and M3s is www.keh.com. I bought an M2 last month from KEH in "bargain" condition for $660. KEH rates its equipment conservatively -- the M2 I bought works fine and is in good cosmetic condition. Recent eBay prices seem to be running higher for the same quality. With KEH you have the assurance of a reputable dealer in the transaction.

RFXB

Shooter
    35mm

LTM is good

Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    There are lots of Leicas for under 300 $US out there. They may be labeled Canon, FED, Zorki, Bessa or whatever, but if you care that much about price you should care less about brands and ultimate mechanical quality. A cheap Leica may get *very* expensive in the end if it needs work to be done.

JM2C

Stefan
    I use a Canon VI-T alongside my M bodies. The film doesn't know the difference. Really nice Canon LTM bodies rarely sell for more than $300. There are enough GREAT LTM lenses around to keep a person going forever. 3 of my favorite lenses are LTM: 35mm UC-Hexanon, 50mm & 85mm Nikkors.

The bad news: My other 3 favorite lenses, 28mm M-Hexanon, 50mm DR Summicron and 90mm Elmarit are M mount. That's why I use 3 bodies.

Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    I have the 35 RC leica already. 25 bucks shipped. But the problem is that I can't mount a 28 on it.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Are we talking Olympus here?"

Yep! In case anyone is not familiar with the term, Olympus' rangefinders are endearingly referred to as "Reicas". The origin of the term is self-explanatory :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Where to find leicas under 300 bucks?
    One answer is - take a (calculated) chance. I have just bought a Leica IIIf and 50 mm Summicron on e-bay, described as "Used but in very good condition" (no more than that) and accompanied by one somewhat out-of-focus picture (which seemed nonetheless to show a clean camera). This way of presenting the camera no doubt put a few potential buyers off and it sold for US$520 (with a promise of money back if dissatisfied, seller has completed 2398 trades with 99.7% positive feedback). The reason I bought this to join my several other Leicas was the 50 mm screw-thread Summicron, hard to find in any case in good condition, even harder to find at a good price. I naturally await the arrival of this item with interest, I don't think the deal can go too far wrong, but I'm not sure I'd recommend doing this to anyone who doesn't know Leica well.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may be interested in a Leica/Minolta CL. They won't be cheap but you can use M-series lenses. The 40mm Summicron-C and 90mm Elmar-C lenses that were designed for it are excellent. Otherwise, I would recommend one of the M-mount Bessas--they may be the best bargain around in "Leicalike" cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    300 bucks is what you pay for CLA for Leica and often times much more. However, US dollar is getting real weak, so maybe there will be a day to get a Leica for that value with strong Euro or something...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin