Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,787   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

canonet ql17 111

hello,i've just become a proud owner of a cononet ql17111.i've been looking for a nice one for a long time.it going to be strange shooting 35mm again,i'm normally a 120 and 5x4 film man.i allways felt that i needed something that would fit my pocket.off to Ireland in a few days and it will becoming with me to do some street photography.will let you know how it goes.looking for the dedicated flash for it now.any one know of where i can get one in the UK?
    hwyl am y tro!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations! I just got one myself, including CLA. It seems to be a really nicely made, well thought-out camera. I look forward to using it during my trip to Michigan in a couple of weeks.

As far as flash is concerned, why not use something like a Vivitar 285HV? I am using my Nikon SB-800 via a radio remote. Works great, even on Auto.

aparat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here, it's been four days since I have one and I think I'm falling in love with that tiny camera. It works superb until now, but I definitely must learn how to focus quick with a rangefinder. Let's see how the first negs will come out! :-)

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The 285 is a bit big for a Canonet!

The Canolite "D" flash is made for the Canonet. It trips the automatic flash mode, which is a Follow-Focus method to set the aperture automatically. It is like the Minolta "Easy-Flash" system. They are small units, and will not cause the camera to tumble over.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    IIRC, that little fella has a seven element lens. I know for certain it is capable of real quality results. And sometimes the little "quick load" pads in the film advance need a bit of roughing up with a type writer eraser.

John, Mount Vernon, VA USA

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Canonet is a 6 element in four group lens. The Olympus SP went to 7 elements for its 42mm F1.7. The Oly is probably a bit sharper, but the Canonet is more durable.

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...=1966-1975&p=2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have used my old Vivitar 280 AT on my QL17 with a sync chord. Not half bad if I may say so myself. I keep the s/s at 60 just to be on the safe side.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format

canonet ql

thanks for all your reply's,anybody in the UK got a spare original lens hood for this camera and lens set up for sale,just to finish this nice camera off.
    hwyl am y tro.

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy a Hama hood 49mm size comes with cap. They can be found at bhphoto. I found that the hama's are less intrusive than the round ones on the older fixed lens rangefinders. I had one on a Yashica GSN and an old time camera buff stopped me because he could recognize the camera with it (although he owned one...I thought it was funny.) Also, with a Gordy strap hanging from your hand it's like you don't even have a camera...it becomes an extension.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Canon QL-17 GIII takes 48mm filters and hoods, unfortunately.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin