Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,275   Online: 778

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stephanie:

I never thought I would end up with a Leica until I helped a friend upload his first first set of digital work to his new website. After working the weekend, he offered me his M6 for an embarrassing low price. I've never regretted it, and whenever I go out now, that's the camera with me. I realize your issue with the multiple framelines, but its never been a problem for me. Get that M2 and enjoy!

Respectfully,

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    If you can do without the light meter the M2 should be great. The Leica lenses are so incredible easy to focus that they beat the autofocus. The only tough part is loading film. See Tom A's video on the subject. His trick is to fold the leader before inserting it into the take up reel. The fold hooks onto the reel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reality check: www.stevemccurry.com Shot with regular Nikons(F100`s the last few years, before he went digi), regular lenses(mostly 35mm f/2 and 50mm f/1.4, with some 24mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4 and 105mm f/2.5 thrown in)........... A Leica will not help your photography in any way, be aware of that. It`s just a camera.

I still remember the fabolous M3 I held in a store a couple of years back, can`t forget the feel of it, just fantastic, what a piece of machinery! I`ll probably buy one one day, but I`m keeping my Nikon...
    Amund

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could make me an offer on this, but then the 35 f2.8 would become moot.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have Nikons.

I keep a Collapsible Summicron on my M2.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My first real camera (other than 110 instamatics) was a Leica IIIc with 50mm Summitar. There's something about the un-ergonomic shape, the heft for it's size (or lack thereof), and the sound of it's shutter that I've yet to find with any other camera. And, no matter how much it looks like a Leica, my Zorki doesn't come close to capturing that feel.

Adorama often has M series bodies listed on ebay - M3s seem to run somewhere around $500 (I haven't paid that close attention). I've never had a problem with anything I've bought from them (I've bought a fair bit of used and refurbished from them on-line and by phone) so I have no reason to believe there'd be a problem with their ebay stuff. In fact, I think they list something like a 100 day warranty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A great camera, or even a competent one isn't always necessary for a great image, nor will a great camera make a great image on its own, but a tool that pleases your spirit will help you do better work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    You could make me an offer on this, but then the 35 f2.8 would become moot.
    I tried to make you an offer on the body itself. I really, really want that 35/2.8. It's complete. Finder, lens, caps, hard case. I can't pass it up at the price I paid.

Just emailed davela on the Bessa R, though. Hopefully it won't have sold. A meter WOULD be a nice thing to have.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread forced me to take out my M3s (a Single stroke and a Double stroke), fondle them, and tell them I still loved them.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    I own an M2, and have examined both double and single stroke M3's that have belonged to others. In terms of build quality I'd rate them all as extremely high, but I'd rate the DS M3 as the most impressive, with the SS M3 and M2 as close runner-ups. I don't think the SS M3 justifies a higher price at all. The M2 is probably the most practical one-camera-solution shooter between the lot, although an M4-P is even better in that regard.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin