Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,681   Online: 891

Shooter
    Multi Format

CV 21mm Vs. ZM 21mm 4.5 C Biogon

Has anyone directly compared the Cosina-Voigtländer 21mm to the ZM 21mm 4.5 C Biogon?

I have the CV, which I find a generally good lens, but do notice vignetting and often wish the corners were sharper (o.k., my mental reference is the Leica R 19mm second version, which sets a pretty high standard).

Basically, I'd like to know if the (expensive) upgrade to the ZM would substantially improve those shortcomings.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Either the Zeiss or a Leica 21 mm will significantly improve your image quality, and make your wallet much lighter.

Me, I'm really interested in the new Zeiss 18 mm f/4.0. Some day, but in the meantime I'll wish upon a star. Grin.

Good luck with your choice.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Has anyone directly compared the Cosina-Voigtländer 21mm to the ZM 21mm 4.5 C Biogon?

I have the CV, which I find a generally good lens, but do notice vignetting and often wish the corners were sharper (o.k., my mental reference is the Leica R 19mm second version, which sets a pretty high standard).

Basically, I'd like to know if the (expensive) upgrade to the ZM would substantially improve those shortcomings.
    How about the ZM 21mm f2.8 Biogon? I understand that it is the same price as the ZM 18mm f4 Distagon.

I have a 18mm f4 T* Distagon in Contax (SLR) mount and it is a nice lens.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    How about the ZM 21mm f2.8 Biogon? I understand that it is the same price as the ZM 18mm f4 Distagon.

I have a 18mm f4 T* Distagon in Contax (SLR) mount and it is a nice lens.
    I'm looking for a light & compact travel lens (which the CV 21 does do brilliantly), I don't really need f/2.8 with (my use of) a very wide-angle RF lens. When size & weight are no issue, I have my Leica 19mm....

BTW: I also have the Zeiss Distagon 18mm in Rolleiflex (SLR) mount; it is a completely different lens from the new ZM 18mm. While good, I expect the new ZM 18mm to be far better and have considered it.

Only the CV 21mm viewfinder also doubles nicely as a 15mm viewfinder. So stick with a 21mm + 15mm? 18mm substituting both?? 18mm + 15mm and fiddle with finders?? (Start chasing tail and eyes glaze over...)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin