Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,755   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Have you used a Leica M6 with Flash Unit

Have you used a Leica M6 with a flash unit before?

How did you find the Leica performed with the flash unit and it's results?

I prefer natural light with my M6 but would appreciate hearing about your experience using the M6 with a flash.

Thank you and best wishes,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicole; 04-10-2008 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Can't speak about the classic, but the Leica flash on my M6 TTL works pretty good. Better when placed on a Nikon SC-17 cord so the flash is off the camera.

With a 1/50 flash sync, it's not great for fill flash on bright days.

I don't use the Leica flash much with my M6 TTL. Prefer using an ultra fast lens instead with shallow depth-of-field in dark situations.

Good luck.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flash ? Sacrilege...
    -)
    G.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    flash smash!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know I shouldn't admit it in public, but I have been known to use a flash on my M6, although I do prefer not too if at all possible. I use a venerable Vivitar 283 on a bracket and usually bounce it off the ceiling with a fill card on the flash. Works quite well.

Richard Wasserman

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    I use both my Metz flashes, the 44 MZ-2 and 54 MZ-3, on my M6 TTL and my Bessa R3A with both flashes set at either automatic or TTL and get wonderful images! Below is an example obtained with my 54 MZ-3 and my 50mm Summicron lens of our new cat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img288.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most certainly late response, but I'll drop my 0.02$ anyway...
    I did several half-formal family events with my M6 and a simple, cheap but yet reliable Sunpak 383 Super unit.
    Once set properly in auto-aperture mode (or as sometimes it is called - auto-thyristor), it did beautifully, every bit as precise as I used to with a contemporary pro SLR systems featured by a sophisticated flash metering.
    Just make sure you understand how to work with that combo.
    Mind you, I only used that indoors, have yet to try that out for fine fill-in outdoors - this is probably the most tricky scenario for flash exposure, chances the most advanced SLR flash metering may have an edge here, but that have yet to be proven....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

flash with m6

...here's my reallllly late response.

back in the good old days -shooting fashion- i used to use a wee tiny peanut of a flash to trip the slave unit on my main flash & umbrella rig. at the distances i was working it added negligible amount of additional fill and freed me from being tied to a **!%***@+!!!! sync cord. on my budget it worked great.

i did have to overcome something of a "flinch reaction" to seeing the flash in the viewfinder. with an slr - except for a either my canon pellix or the (then) newer EOS RT - i never saw the flash as a result of the mirror swing during exposure. funny i never noticed that effect with my oly xa...hmmm.

enjoy the flash and experiment...using mainly cameras with leaf shutters when i do use flash now i miss the effects of leaving the shutter open (lower shutter speeds) and all the neat ambient light you can pick up with a focal plane shutter.

take care,

kenneth
    NEVER FORGET BESLAN
    www.neverforgetbeslan.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a Pentax AF280 on my M6 with great results. Well, as great as on camera flash can be...
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In my camera bag there is always a Metz flash. I don't use it often, but my M6 without TTL is very happy with it. Indirect flash (ceiling) also works fine, I never missed the costly TTL version.

If I were a busy 2008 press photographer trying to survive competition I would own a digital EOS with a dedicated Speedlight flash, that's a "fire and forget" combo that always creates good results, no matter how and where you use the flashlight, in darkness, as fill flash... good stuff, but that's for WIMPS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin