Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,226   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Leica IIF Red Dial v.3 / f2.0 Summicron 50mm

My new rangefinder (my first rangefinder). What a great little camera!

Leica IIF Red Dial version 3 (1/1000 top speed) with collapsible f2.0 Summicron 50mm

B-17 Liberty Belle at PDK, Atlanta, GA. Engine 2 being worked on while paid passengers wait. First test roll.
    Kodak Tri-X developed in 1:50 Agfa Rodinal

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    That's a beauty; and that lens is by most accounts the best they made for that mount (though I love my Summitar). Great pick-up.
    The workmanship is phenomenal and the materials are first rate.
    Enjoy your 'loaner'..it'll outlive us all
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a real beaut. Keep it FOREVER !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice camera. Very grainy Flying Fortress, though. Was the film overexposed?

I enjoy the Summar, the Summitar, and the Summicron. I am probably most partial to the Summitar, although I can't tell much difference between it and the Summicron. The Summar is a really different (and great) look, though, especially for shallow D of F.

Good luck. She is a beauty.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice one, that combination of camera, lens, plane, film and developer could have been used to make a very similar image in the late 40's early 50's

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Very nice camera. Very grainy Flying Fortress, though. Was the film overexposed?
    Entirely the result of combining Tri-X with Rodinal development. Rodinal enhances grain!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Another shot, this time on Kodak T-max 100, using a 135mm f4.5 Hektor lens.

Kubrick in the Grass
    Leica IIf Red Dial V.3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ragc View Post
    Another shot, this time on Kodak T-max 100, using a 135mm f4.5 Hektor lens.
    A photograph of a dog with a Hektor. How apropos... not in the sense of the lens being a dog, but the Hektor lenses were named after Oscar Barnack's dog, Hektor.

The prices on 135 Hektors went up a few years ago because of an article praising them as great bargains. I got a "like new" one for $100 a few years back. It's very sharp, yet has a "kind" and smooth rendition. When I shot outdoor soccer with it people thought it was some sort of retro digital setup. It was built the year I was born. Perhaps I'm "retro".

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hektors are great lenses. It's famous cult cousin Thambar was over corrected and was a wonderful soft lens. But the inherent good behavior Lee mentions make it a super bargain, and if you shoot wide open, one of the great portrait lenses. They also cover 2 1/4, and were hot set ups for Bronica shooters back in the day.

Keep it forever !
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Congrats!

My two Barnacks are just what I found I wanted in a camera system. So easily portable and just the sweetest sounding mechanical works one could ask for. I don't leave home without one.

Enjoy yours!

Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin