Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 743

Shooter
    Large Format

tripod socket adapter

hi

i misplaced my tripod hole reducer / adapter thingamagig ..
    you know - the little reducer so i can use a
    standard tripod thread with my m3 .

is this the whachmacallit i should look for ?

thanks for your help

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-21-2008 at 01:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, when I bought mine (in the UK) they came in packs of 6 and were ridiculously cheap.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    to my knowledge there is none other type...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've bought those, but would recommend the bushings from Really Right Stuff, which are longer and sturdier, unless you have a tripod socket with a particularly shallow hole. I've occasionally cracked the ones that come six to a pack.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I've bought those, but would recommend the bushings from Really Right Stuff, which are longer and sturdier, unless you have a tripod socket with a particularly shallow hole. I've occasionally cracked the ones that come six to a pack.
    That's why you have 6 to a pack - cheaper than the RRS. I don't think you can crack 6 of them, unless you're an official bushing cracker, that is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, John;

I hope we are talking about the reducing bushing to go from a 3/8-16 threaded hole to a 1/4-20 hole to allow a European camera or a larger camera to be used with a tripod that has a 1/4-20 threaded post for holding the camera.

Two that I can suggest are the Gitzo G-1141 which I believe is made of steel, or the one by Wimberley that is made of brass. I do not recall the part number for the Wimberley. There are other companies who also make these adapters. Also ask at your local photo store. Ask them what theirs are made of.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I've used those 6 packs and yes they break really easily. I now just buy a mounting plate with correct size screw for each camera I have and leave plate permanently fixed to camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin