Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,018   Online: 895

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Hi-Matic E battery questions

I'm wondering what is the best option to replace the old mercury PX640 batteries for this camera? Unlike my Hi-Matic 9 it won't fire without batteries.

Shooter
    35mm
    You could buy or make yourself an adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    A quick search indicates the Hi-Matic E takes 2 x 1.35v batteries. In other cameras of that vintage with that voltage requirement I've had good success using regular zinc-air "hearing aid" batteries, normally available at pharmacies and department stores. I believe my cameras take the "625" size equivalent, but I don't have it in front of me right now. You can also get photo-specific zinc-air batteries such as the "WeinCell", which is supposed to last longer than the hearing aid version, but the last one I bought was DOA, so hearing aid batteries it is

If they don't fit properly you can pad them with tin foil or springs or something else conductive.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For adapters: www.criscam.com
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Question, how do you remove the batteries? I have a Hi-Matic E and the batteries are still in it so I hope it works.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Zinc airs ( hearing aid batteries ) have work well in both of mine for years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin