Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,135   Online: 1153

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I thought I'd come back and update this thread...
    I've been shooting the IIIf for a while now and the one lens that is never out of my little kit bag is the standard 50/2 summicron. I'll occasionally pack the 85 Jupiter but it seems "softish". The 90 elmar is rarely mounted.

I did spring for one of the CV 15mm and the first roll behind THAT lens is AWESOME.
    I like the 35 Jupiter, but I'm not shooting it much... I'd like to be able to get closer than it allows me to... maybe a CV in that FL is in the future.

Short version: For people and architecture, I'm getting in close and loving it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just went from an M2 to a IIIc! Looking forward to the results from it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a IIIf last summer and it has been my most used camera. I really, really love it.
    I use it most often with a Summar 50/2. It performs beautifully with Tri-X, Acros and Presto.
    I've found the Color-Skopar 21/4 to be a nice lens, especially for shots where I want to squeeze everything into the frame (in a good way.)
    I also sometimes use a Nikkor-Q.C 135/3.5 but the two together make for a very heavy and conspicuous setup.
    My IIIf is currently in the shop, but I hope to use it for many years to come. It's truly a wonderful camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am also looking for a good 50mm lens for my Leica IIIf. I have been using the Elmar 50/3.5 that has come with it, but it flares too easily for my taste (even though it's been cleaned, but I suspect it's lost its coating). I tend to use it only in overcast days when the contrast is lower. But it's becoming too limiting.

On the other hand, I am not too inclined to get something new. I don't need high resolution and sharpness (for that I can use my Nikon stuff). I just would like something with a little (just a little) more contrast and not suffering from flare that much.

Any tip?
    Stefano Ricciardi
    My photos on Flickr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu View Post
    I just went from an M2 to a IIIc! Looking forward to the results from it.
    So you did it! Wow!

I shoot with a IIIC and a IIF, both are fantastic. My kit includes a 25mm f2.5 Voigtlander Color Skopar - small, sharp, beautiful. I use it without a supplementary finder, visualizing the frame. Also a recoated 50mm f2.0collapsible Summicron, a 50mm f2.0 collapsible Summitar, a 135mm Hektor, and a Visoflex I macro system. I do have a Leitz brightline finder for the 50mm lenses and a turret finder for the Hektor that can also be used with the other lenses (although it's a bit cloudy). For easy, fast shooting I pack the Color Skopar, For more deliberate work either of the 50's. The Hektor I seldom use, but they are good, plentiful, cheap lenses, and the lens head is great for macro, used with the Visoflex.

A: Did you sell the M2?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sterioma View Post
    I am also looking for a good 50mm lens for my Leica IIIf. I have been using the Elmar 50/3.5 that has come with it, but it flares too easily for my taste (even though it's been cleaned, but I suspect it's lost its coating). I tend to use it only in overcast days when the contrast is lower. But it's becoming too limiting.

On the other hand, I am not too inclined to get something new. I don't need high resolution and sharpness (for that I can use my Nikon stuff). I just would like something with a little (just a little) more contrast and not suffering from flare that much.

Any tip?
    Collapsible too? An Industar-50 or -22 can sub for your Elmar or even do better. If you're looking for a non-collapsible, get an Industar-61 L/D. The I-61 L/D often are found with a rather large rear cap called FED-5.
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin