Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,348   Online: 790

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minolta CLE shutter on AE problem

Anyone with experience with a CLE, especially with intermittant issues with shutter speed? On AE, at times the shutter remains open longer than it should and overexposes by at least 2 or 3 stops. At other times, AE works fine and the film is exposed just right. This behaviour seems to occur for about 1/2 the AE exposures.

For example, I expect a shutter speed of about 60 sec based on light conditions. However, when I release the shutter on AE, it sounds more like 1/4. I can then switch to manual, set it to 1/60 and the exposure is fine. When the film is processed, the AE frame is grossly overexposed and the manual frame is properly exposed.

Manually setting shutter speeds seems to be OK. If I can't figure this out, it needs to go back.

thanks
    Martin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've got a CLE that I've used extensively, but I've never had that problem crop up. Any chance that when you return to AE that rather than setting to the "neutral" setting, you are dialing in some exposure compensation?

Otherwise I'd say it's a job for the repairman. Luckily the electronics are heavily based on Minolta XG technology (or so I've read), so a competent repair person who knows how to open up the CLE should be able to work on the electronics inside.

If you have any luck with a repair, pls post that info here. It'd help us other CLE users. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Weird shutter problems with the CLE often relate to dirt and grease on a contact wiper under the shutter speed dial. A competent technician can clean that without too much fuss. There are some CLE shutter discussions over at Rangefinderforum that go into greater detail.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin