Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,723   Online: 1157

Shooter
    35mm RF

Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZM on a R4A or R4M

Does anyone know if the Zeiss Biogon 21mm f2.8 ZM lens with the rectangular 21mm/25mm Lens Shade interfere with the rangefinder of a Bessa R4A or R4M? The Cameraquest site shows the Bessa rectangular LH-1 Lens Hood for the 21/4 will not work with the R4 cameras. I noticed that the Zeiss hood has the cutouts for the viewfinder while the Bessa hood does not. Is the wider view of the R4 the reason for this limitation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar58 View Post
    Is the wider view of the R4 the reason for this limitation?
    Almost certainly. I've used the Leica 24/2.8 with my Bessa R4A and that lens has a cutout in the top left corner but it does occlude quite a bit of the lower right of the VF. You can see most lenses in the VF of an R4 and I think that's the reason why CV brought out a bunch of small lenses when the R4 was first released.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin