Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,215   Online: 869

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One other candidate to be considered in the LTM Sonnar line-up is the Canon 50mm F1.5 in LTM.

The out-of-focus areas are smoother than the Nikkor. Maybe not quite as sharp, this one is shimmed for best use at F1.5. This shot is ~F2. It is smaller than the Nikkor.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And this is with the 1950 "5005" series Nikkor 5cm F1.4 using an S-Mount adapter on the Bessa R2. The optics are a little different from those that followed, the change occurred early on.

After looking at a couple of rolls with it, The OOF strike me as being a bit smoother than the later 5cm f1.4 Sonnar formula Nikkors.

Shooter
    35mm
    My experience with all Nikon lenses has been very good, rangefinder or SLR, but I've never seen as fifty as sharp as my Collapsible Summicron. Maybe I'm just imagining that, but it impresses the hell out of me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You're not imagining it- the Collapsible Summicron is one of the all-time best lenses. The lower-contrast preserves shadow-detail and prevents highlights from getting blown-out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin