Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,059   Posts: 1,561,578   Online: 669

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Foca? ..and new Retina IIa

Foca Universal. Not quite top of their line, I guess
    But it's the lenses that count.

I see some Willy Ronis photographs and they look nice but then the photos are what's nice
    Lens/es do look pretty capable, though. Maybe not super sharp but then perhaps scale focused
    Nice ethereal quality to em.

Anyone ever use one of these? Quality cameras they all say.

I finally took some Retina rolls to get developed at Wal-Mart
    50 f2 Xenon
    Did a comparison with 50 1.8 Zuiko and Hi-Matic 7s 45 f1.8 Rokkor on same roll

Rokkor is very nice
    Xenon while not quite as sharp or contrasty as the other 2 is still damn sharp ...especially at closer focus, it seems. Not missing anything! It "glows/bleeds/flares" a bit in the highlights, too. Not quite as Summar "retro" as I had hoped but perhaps with other subject material.

Rangefinder is dim.. not very contrasty. It will see a lot of use, though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've used a Foca Sport II. It's a fixed-lens rangefinder and a great little camera. Like most cameras, I had to service it. The lens is quite good. And you don't see many of them in use today -- that's for sure.

My writeup.
    Last edited by elekm; 07-28-2008 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://www.mwclassic.com/articles/fo...al_rc/foca.htm

Here's a site that talks about the Foca.

Sounds like a nice - very nice - camera.

Jeff M

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    well, thanks guys. What I thought was very cool about the camera was it's focal plane shutter with "normal" style film loading. They had a 50 1.9 lens as well as a 28mm ..of f6.8 or something like the earliest 28mm Leica Elmars or whatever model. Seems like a kinda sorta wannabe leica M series with older style glass and easy loading.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Minolta 35 RF has a modern back on it as well. Great camera - easy to find and very easy to repair / adjust.

Jeff M

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin