Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,373   Online: 1091

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My thoughts exactly. I find it much easier to both "see" and to "focus" with a rangefinder camera than a SLR. And double that in conditions of low light.

Some of this may be first principles as I learned photograhy with a Canon 7 rangefinder and have always prefered the abstracting type of image you see with the rangefinder screen to SLR.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I find just the opposite. For me the big bright finder with a large focusing patch is at minimum the equal to a SLR in good to great light and blows it away under tricky or low light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please don't ever let me try a rangefinder.... I am very happy with my SLRs.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I migrated three years ago from Nikon SLRs (801, 601, F80, with their excellent Nikon lenses) to Leica (MP). The Summicron 1:2, 50mm is my best compagnon, but I also love the summicron 1:2, 35mm as well as the brand new Summarit 1:2.5, 75mm. All this costs, of course, and arm and a leg! but I think it is worthwhile. My pictures are sharper, because of the lenses (I don't think any other manufacturer can match them) but also because the Leica shutter is so quiet and steady - I can easily make a sharp shot at 1/8 where I had trouble holding my SLR Nikon steady for 1/60! Maybe equally important to me is the image quality in terms of contrast and brilliance - I've never been able to achieve the same thing with the old equipment. Yes, yes, I know, now I have to show you the proof with my pictures, and I'll come back to that soon.
    good luck to you

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin