Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,587   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello, I know a lot of people have asked questions about this similar camera
    but I am hoping someone can help me out with mine. I have a Leica D.R.P Ernst
    Leitz Wetzlar Fl. No. 38079 and another No. 389531. On the back it says
    "Luftwaffen Eigentun". On the front of the lens it says Leitz Elmar f=5cm
    1:35. From what I know is that this camera was issued to the Nazi Air force,
    and this camera was used in WWII (only 6 films were run through the camera
    so it's in excellent condition). The camera is dark gray/greenish color over all.
    It was veriefied that it is an authentic Leica Luftwaffen camera. A couple
    years ago I was offered $11,000 for this camera and I declined the offer since
    I just got the camera and I was too excited to give it up. Can you please help
    me out and give me an estimate of what these cameras are worth? THANK
    YOU SO MUCH!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lens should also be engraved "Luftwaffen-Eigentum" if they were issued together.
    There were also the lllC K which had a ball bearing shutter or was prepared for cold weather/high altitude. There seems to be some disagreement re:K
    And there was also the lllC in grey without the K.
    Prices are whatever the market will bear. How do you know only six films have gone through the camera?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kinga, show us pictures of the camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin