Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,662   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cutting Negatives Revisited

This time, though , more happily than the last thread on the process. I believe that thread was in the Film/Paper forum.

Recently I picked up a box of primarily Leica parts, and amoung the other goodies in there was this little gem of a neg cutter. Although it's not marked Leitz, when a neg strip (from a Barnack body, haven't tried other camera brands) is inserted in the proper direction, the cutter lines up EXACTLY on the narrow space between frames!

Seen one before? Couldn't find it in a 1939 Leitz catalogus, and as mentioned it's not marked as such.

Please excuse the hasty, shakey attached pic. Besides a relief to my shakey hands, what do I have here?

Jo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010968.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Belongs to the era when things were engineered, taylor-made for their purpose and would last forever. Nice find.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe this may well be an 'older' cutter similar, but smaller than the Seary
    machine that I used for cutting many hundreds of rolls of in-house processed
    slide film prior to inserting them into slide mounts.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kaiser make this illuminated film cutter that I find ideal http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...ch=Film+Cutter
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin