Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,002   Online: 1007

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike View Post
    Superb advice, Im going to need some time to do a little research. I had originally considered the r4m because its totally manual and i could use the wide angle frame lines for landscape work. Ive heard good things about the bessas and the fact you can get some very nice lenses for the range has swung me. Not that I can really afford it but a leica would draw a little too much attention and I dont want to be looking over my shoulder the whole trip. The bessa seem a much more discreet camera.
    Actually, Leicas don't get much attention at all.
    On mine I covered the red dot and applied a little gaffers tape on various spots. Result: The camera is nearly invisible.

Only one person has ever seemed to recognize it and commented "Good old Leica", the rest just see a nondescript object.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike View Post
    I am soon to go travelling around the world and don't want the hassle, or the unwanted attention of a bulky dslr kit. I want to take landscapes and documentary type pictures. I need the resulting images to be of sufficient quality to use professionally if they are good enough i.e. image libraries, magazines etc. I am seriously considering selling up my digital kit and taking the following:

Voigtlander bessa r4m with 50mm lens
    Lee Filter Kit rf45
    Light Tripod
    Bulk 35mm film loader
    Lots of film

I plan to develop and scan the film at various convenient stages in my trip.

Any comments would be much appreciated
    Not being a Voigtlander user myself I would not feel qualified to comment on the camera but lens wise. If it were me it would have to be a 35mm lens, and from my own use experience, if you could stretch the purse strings to a 35mm Summicron I don't think you would be disappointed. I have a 35mm Summicron asph but the pre asph is fine and produces sensation results and is considerably less money second hand. You could also consider a 35mm Collapsable Summaron which works very well without a hood and is extremely compact
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 61452934.leitz_353.5_summaron_LS06999049752.jpg  
    "Sharpness is a Bourgeois Concept"-H.Cartier-Bresson

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethcooke View Post
    You could also consider a 35mm Collapsable Summaron which works very well without a hood and is extremely compact
    Note that the 35 mm Summaron is not in fact collapsible but it is very small and highly affordable in comparison with the (admittedly better) 35 mm Summicrons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin