Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 719

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

question regarding my Leica M6 TTL

today I was using the light meter in the camera and found that the left arrow started to blink. the manual said it was a low battery. I bought two new batteries from Batteries Plus. But it still is blinking. could it be bad batteries I bought or is there something else happening.
    regards

michael andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    today I was using the light meter in the camera and found that the left arrow started to blink. the manual said it was a low battery. I bought two new batteries from Batteries Plus. But it still is blinking. could it be bad batteries I bought or is there something else happening.
    regards

michael andersen
    I have many Leicas but not M6 - however, check this out:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
    which tells how it is possible for a set of batteries to drain in 1 to 2 days(!).
    Of course, if the batteries you buy are long-dated and therefore fairly certain to be fresh and you get a low-battery indication IMMEDIATELY you fit them, this points to some other problem.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have checked the batteries with a meter and they both read 1.5v and read further into the maual and it indicates that a flickering of the left arrow is a sign but a blinking of the left arrow is low light. well in bright light the camera meter is still blinking and i can't think that 4 batteries would be bad at one time. when you just bought them. could the meter have a problem?
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Might I suggest that you call Leica in NJ and speak to one of their service representatives? The representatives are normally very helpful and will likely be able to rapidly provide the answers that you seek. Let us know how you make out-many of us have the same Leica camera as you do!

Edwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have this camera, or any Leica, but corrosion on the battery contacts could give the same symptons as low batteries.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It doesn't take all four to be bad, just one of four. If you're using a multi tester to check the voltage it doesn't really work.
    Even an inexpensive battery tester puts a load on the battery to check voltage. Multi tester don't.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I called and he didn't know what to tel me, so he said he would get back to me I hope soon and that I don't have to send it to them.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Okay,
    I'm not responsible for anyone dying of laughter, or any heart attacks caused by the same. I'm use to my Nikon S2 which doesn't have a lightmeter, but forget this range finder used through the lens metering and if you leave the lens cap on you can't meter. BRAIN FART TO THE MAX

maybe I should stay with LF camera

mike andersen brain fart extraordinaire

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hey Mike,

Good news all round then. Leica is fully functioning and you gave us all a laugh too. At least you didnt take any pics with the lens cap in place.... that would not have been so funny !!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike, you're a good sport for telling us! Thanks for the laugh, and glad it wasn't a camera problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin