Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,883   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Normal round filters work best, but because I mostly use rangefinders for off-the-cuff street shooting, I rarely use filters. That is more for on the tripod shooting when I have time to consider a scene.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Many thanks, all. I have ordered the CV 21/4 screwmount with viewfinder and adapter, and look forward to using this and the M-Rokkor 40/2 with the CLE. Will post images.
    Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    " ALL of the various Cosina Voigtlander Leica mount lenses 12mm to 90mm will work on the CLE, with TTL metering. Add the Leica screw mount to bayonet adapter to the screw mount lenses." Thus spoke Stephen Gandy's
    Camera Quest. www.CameraQuest.com/cle.htm

Why not go all of the way, Get a 12, or 15 mm lens, which is hyperfocal focused. This eliminates having to couple the lens to the rangefinder & you can take advantage of the Aperture Priority & Flash TTL Metering.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jeff - you mention the 360px flasghun as a good gun for the CLE - would any gun from Minolta with the 'PX' branding (e.g. 280PX) afford the ttl facilitation you mention? Many thanks in anticipation!

Alan

Shooter
    35mm
    Frankly I don't know if Minolta branded as "PX" other flashes besides the two ones which were created for the X-700.
    But I tell you that the TTL protocol is the same for the X-700 and the CLE.

So besides the Minolta flashes which were dedicated for the CLE and the X-700 you have full TLL operation with a flash supporting the SCA standard, with the "SCA 331" adapter.

The SCA standard was adopted by a number of German flash makers: Braun, Metz and Osram being the better known.

That means you can have TTL flash exposure with many flashes. I use the X-700 with an old Metz 32 CT7 (1989) still working perfectly.

The SCA modules are not difficult to find. You can buy any flash SCA-compatible and then put an SCA-331 module on it. You can also have a SCA "extension cord" so as to maintain TTL reading in macro operation with the flash away from the camera, or to use a "torch" flash.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin