Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,031   Online: 851

Shooter
    Medium Format

Synchro-Compur MX vs MXV on a Super Isolette

Has anyone used both the Synchro-Compur MX and its successor design, the MXV? I'm wondering if the MXV was a real improvement over the MX. I have a Super Isolette with MXV and I don't like the LVS interlock system it comes with. The LVS system links the aperture dial to the shutter speed dial to maintain constant exposure values. To unlink them you hold a button down at the front of the lens. I find it annoying to have to press the button to set aperture and shutter speed independently. Just wondering if an MX version is easier to use or whether it's not worth using because the MXV is a better shutter altogether. To make the comparison more equal, I'm not concerned about the self-timer that the MXV has and the MX doesn't. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Both shutters are equally good. The only difference is the selftimer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I guess the self-timer is helpful if I'm shooting on a tripod and don't have a trigger. Much appreciated.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin