Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,154   Online: 1062

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zorki 4.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have zorki 4 (CLA) anniversary edition (fifty years for soviet power). I suggest to test your zorki if it focus properly.

There are page: www.retrography.com (you can find info about zorki, but it is under construction)
    and this

http://www.jay.fedka.com/

Zorki you can take anywhere

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras are fun. Don't expect them to be professional-quality tools - they aren't. However, they're a blast to use if you're in the mood.

I frankly prefer the Zorki 4 to the 4K. I know that the knob wind is harder to use and slower, but it feels like it belongs on the camera whereas the wind lever doesn't.

The older Zorki 4s are nicer than the newer ones. They have engraved shutter speeds instead of silkscreened (the "Zorki" logi is engraved too) and the camera has appealing vulcanite instead of nylon. Both models work fine, but the earlier models are more pleasing somehow.

Unfortunately, my 4 is a newer one but it works very well at all shutter speeds. (I have a 4K too but I seldom use it.) My Fed 2b and 3a cameras are nicer in some ways because of the engraving and the vulcanite, although the 2b doesn't have the full range of shutter speeds.

Collect the whole set. I have about six of these beasts. They're all fun.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    These cameras are fun. Don't expect them to be professional-quality tools - they aren't. However, they're a blast to use if you're in the mood.

I frankly prefer the Zorki 4 to the 4K. I know that the knob wind is harder to use and slower, but it feels like it belongs on the camera whereas the wind lever doesn't.

The older Zorki 4s are nicer than the newer ones. They have engraved shutter speeds instead of silkscreened (the "Zorki" logi is engraved too) and the camera has appealing vulcanite instead of nylon. Both models work fine, but the earlier models are more pleasing somehow.

Unfortunately, my 4 is a newer one but it works very well at all shutter speeds. (I have a 4K too but I seldom use it.) My Fed 2b and 3a cameras are nicer in some ways because of the engraving and the vulcanite, although the 2b doesn't have the full range of shutter speeds.

Collect the whole set. I have about six of these beasts. They're all fun.
    I have a FED-2 as well, with the collapsible FED-50. I would agree that the FED-2 feels a bit nicer ergonomically than the 4k, but the tiny VF/RF is nearly useless. I use it with an external VF, and it's fun to use preset using sunny/16 (it makes me feel kind of like an early HCB . However, the rewind knob is a bit of a knuckle-buster - mine doesn't pull up for some reason (well, not easily, and I'm a bit nervous about giving it a hard pull), so my fingers get banged up when trying to rewind. I'm tempted to bring a pair of pliers to make this easier in the field

That said, the much, much nicer vf/rf on the 4K makes it easier to use and a bit more compact than the FED-2 plus VF.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin