Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,133   Online: 885

Shooter
    Medium Format

Isolette III Film advance screw...parts

Hi,

Just found you guys and have a question..

I have an Agfa Isolette III and I stupidly snapped off the screw that holds the film advance knob on.

I was taking the top off to do some cleaning..the screw was tight, started turning...snap.

I have two issues...one: a source for a new screw. Hopefully, the exact screw for the sake of staying vintage.

Second: Drilling out the shaft of the old screw...

I spose I plan on putting a few drops of penetrating oil into the screwhole where the broken screw rests and letting that soak for a few days.

Then, with a very small drill bit, getting a starter hole going in the screw shaft...

After that???

Using a backwards screw puller? Not sure if they make those small enough for this...or, figuring a way to get hold of the screw to get it to turn. there is no wa I can see to get a dremel in there to create new slot on the top of the screw shaft.

Any help on this would greatly appreciated.

One more thing actually..I'm considering doing a bellows replacement..any sources for well made, well fitted bellows for an Isolette III?

Thanks all..

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello....

If you can find a small enough left hand twist drill it may back the screw out. They make very small left hand bits. A gunsmith may be able to help you. Hope his will help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've done the same thing, myself. After drilling out the hole to accommodate an oversize screw, I was quite surprised to find that the screw had left-hand threads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    drill it out, tap it oversize (slightly) and use a new screw. A gunsmith is a good idea if you have never drilled and tapped a small hole before. You can probably do it yourself. I don't think you need the fine thread taps a gunsmith uses (48 tpi). It's probably a good idea to drill it out in a drill press with the part clamped down so the drill doesn't walk and mess up the hole.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin