Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,522,977   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is the leather simply glued on, or do the edges of the leather go under the metal parts? How thin should the leather be? Would garment leather be too thick? I understand that the original vinyl and glue must be completely removed.
    Hi,

The replacement leather is glued on, and does not go under the metal parts. This is the same as the original. I've never measured it, but I would say that the replacement leather is between .5 and 1 mm thick. As such, you must indeed remove any residue from the original leather, since any leftovers would show up as an unsightly bump.

Russ
    R.L. Sisco
    MSgt, USAF, Retired

Do you have an
    Electro 35 or other
    Yashica that you
    would like Refurbished?
    Check out:
    www.camerarefurb.com

My Gallery

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

Monster lens rangefinders

Yes. Canon made some huge lens rangefinders but I think they are extremely rare. The big lenses added a lot to the price back in the 60's. I'm so excited about the Lynx 14 I'm even willing to shell out the bigger bucks to buy one. I just compared my Minolta Hi-Matic 9 photos with those of my Minolta SRT 101 SLR. The Rangefinder obviously takes in more light!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

Removal of lense barrel on Yashica Minister D

Hate to bother you again........... I have the chance to buy a trashed Minister D with a working shutter. Can I simply swap lenses from my pristine but non-functional Minister D? If so, how?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

Removal of lens barrel on Yashica Minister D

Hate to bother you again........... I have the chance to buy a trashed Minister D with a working shutter. Can I simply swap lenses from my pristine but non-functional Minister D? If so, how?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin