Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,677   Online: 886

Polybun

Another Isolette III Focusing ring

I was able to retract the screws on mine, but mared the threads while doing so and all 3 are now permantley seized in place. If someone has a parts camera laying around, I could really use it.

I suppose the good news is, the shutter is all cleaned up and like new and just waiting for a new focus ring. :/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Solinar 75/3.5 or 85/4.5 or Apotar 85/4.5?

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by Windscale View Post
    Solinar 75/3.5 or 85/4.5 or Apotar 85/4.5?
    Just the Apotar I'm afraid, but I do enjoy this camera and would like to get her going again.

Actually, now that I think about it, you know, i don't recall and i can't find the part :/ It was the lowest end lens, pronto shutter with just 4 speeds and B.
    Last edited by Polybun; 11-08-2008 at 02:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybun View Post
    all 3 [screws] are now permantley seized in place.
    Seized so you can't tighten them or seized so you can't loosen them?

I had one with stripped threads where I simply epoxied the focusing ring back to the lens barrel - the choice being a useless camera or a useful (though no longer disassemblable) camera.

If you can get the screws out you can also re-tap the holes and use larger set screws.

A bit of WD-40 and rest in a warm place can quite often loosen the most recalcitrant screw. Give the screws a sharp rap now and then to help the WD-40 penetrate.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Seized so you can't tighten them or seized so you can't loosen them?

I had one with stripped threads where I simply epoxied the focusing ring back to the lens barrel - the choice being a useless camera or a useful (though no longer disassemblable) camera.

If you can get the screws out you can also re-tap the holes and use larger set screws.

A bit of WD-40 and rest in a warm place can quite often loosen the most recalcitrant screw. Give the screws a sharp rap now and then to help the WD-40 penetrate.
    Seized in the out position so that i cannot get them in. Atleast it isn't stuck on the cammera I suppose. I do work as a machinist but our shop handles nothing even close to that small. I could just drill and tap 3 brand new holes. But i have no idea where to get some set screws that small, and then i have to get a tap drill and tap to make holes for them. I guess if anyone can recomend a shop to purchase such things from, I would be more than willing to got that route. Typically though, drills that small, taps that small are all custom ground on a per order basis, making them cost probably very near $100. At that point, i could just buy another isolette III for parts, maybe even an Isolette I or II and rob them of their focus ring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin