Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,462   Online: 870

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry if I've made a mistake, but did the original poster buy the camera?

I thought the original post was asking for possible reasons as to why the camera sold for the price it did, and whether it was a good buy?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think I would have paid that for the case. What a beauty!

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There are a couple of well priced M2s for sale here:

http://www.mxv.co.uk/

One is £210 or around $300 and the other is £300 or around $460. I've dealt with the retailer before and have been delighted with the quality of the items and service provided. They also give a 12 month guarantee - 6 months longer than most other dealers.

I'm not connected to them in any way, shape or form - but am posting this as from reading this thread there seems to be quite an interest in "user" Leicas.

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera is an early double stroke M3. The Hektor lens is not expensive. He states that the camera has not been used in years and probably needs a CLA & the condition of the lenses are not stated. They could or could not be useable. As far as the desireability of the leather case...I would never use it...maybe someone else. The camera in ex condition & working $800.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    Here's my M2. It has somebody's drivers license # scratched on the back of the top. I got it for $400 about five years ago. Money was different then; the camera was dirt cheap.

Works just great the way it is. I'd like to send it in for a CLA but my M5 will get one first, because that one really needs it. I have a piece of salmon leather I plan to recover it with. Better than duct tape, don't you think? Didn't HCB cover his with that ugly black friction tape they used on baseball bats when I was a kid? The vulcanite had started falling off prior to my getting it, and the exfoliating just kept on going. It's down to about 50% now.

Hektor: I bought one on ebay recently for a big $38. So far, it looks great.

I recommend highly: find a beater Leica. There's magic in it.
    I highly recommend that you sell me your camera.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I highly recommend that you sell me your camera.
    It is kind of like selling a used computer. You can't get enough from the sale to make it worth selling. We just gave an old 2nd generation iMac to a grandchild. She'll get great use of it, but, selling it, we might have got $25!

A collector once offered me $200 for this camera. Ha!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    It is kind of like selling a used computer. You can't get enough from the sale to make it worth selling. We just gave an old 2nd generation iMac to a grandchild. She'll get great use of it, but, selling it, we might have got $25!

A collector once offered me $200 for this camera. Ha!
    Well, in that case, just give it to me.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Well, in that case, just give it to me.
    Careful what you ask for. Word on the street is that Larry shot the collector (with Tri-X, souped in Edwal 12) and just walked away, firing incessantly like Winogrand and laughing at the thought of wearing out the shutter.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bellayr View Post
    The camera in ex condition & working $800.
    So the $750 I paid @ eBay for my 1959 M3 in mint, all original and working condition with pristine vulcanite is not bad at all. It came with a Nikkor 5cm f1.4 S.C with adapter.

I thought I paid too much... Thanks!

-Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ron110n View Post
    So the $750 I paid @ eBay for my 1959 M3 in mint, all original and working condition with pristine vulcanite is not bad at all. It came with a Nikkor 5cm f1.4 S.C with adapter.

I thought I paid too much... Thanks!

-Ron
    Shame on you! You STOLE it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin