Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,183   Online: 1102

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With risk of going slightly off-topic: as a kid I watched Bonanza, Cosby Show, Alf etc and it was a great language school. Now I am sorry that some of the excellent Russian films and tv-series's are not aired in Sweden. Isn't that what public service should do?

Anyway, my Kiev and I will take a walk on Kungsgatan street in Stockholm now. I might upload something if it works out, but on the other hand my pictures are just _never_ good enough to my mind...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Two points

1. The frame spacing is a problem in Contax II (III) and all the Kievs.

The simplest fix is a drip of fine (sewing machine ) oil into the gap between the screw (concerntric with the forks) and the wind on forks. Hold the camera upside down and let the oil penetrate for a few minutes. Then with the camera wound on, so the fork drive is locked, rotate the forks by finger and thumb to distribute the oil.

If that does not reduce the friction try some Zippo fluid followed up be a drip of fine oil.

There is a slipping clutch mechanism under the screw it needs to be slippy, not too hard to turn...

But even with the clutch slippy the frames will be uneven, you only need to worry if you get film tears.

2. If the release is stiff try three drips of file oil down the outside of the release button, leave 30 minutes try dry firing.

Otherwise if either of these remains - buy watch makers screw drivers, deep tray, double sided sticky tape, magnet, grease, Zippo, nail lacquer, mouse mat and free weekends

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/

It is real hard... the grease is for the end of the screw driver, the screws will stick to the end of the screw driver, if the driver has some grease, it is like a third hand

Noel

P.S. dont take a lens apart... yet

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks,

this is why I love APUG, and you too Noel! This will be my little christmas project - with the goal of getting nice pictures of my nieces on slow shutter speeds. The link also seems very useful.

happy holidays!
    Erik

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin