Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 674

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if the battery contacts are corroded or dirty, they add resistance, and will make the entire circuit less efficient. The problem may be a combination of cold and less than optimum contacts.

I think it is worth checking.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I never walk into a B&M store and purchase camera batteries anymore but do so through one of the on-line services. I have had batteries from B&M stores be degraded right out of the box. The large on-line suppliers seem to have a good turnover.-Dick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You have to turn MP OFF when you don't use is, otherwise it drains the battery very quickly.
    Another way to go is not to re-cock the shutter after shooting if you don't plan to use the camera for some time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    I never walk into a B&M store and purchase camera batteries anymore but do so through one of the on-line services. I have had batteries from B&M stores be degraded right out of the box. The large on-line suppliers seem to have a good turnover.-Dick
    That's good to know. I will purchase a new one online.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by sbelyaev View Post
    You have to turn MP OFF when you don't use is, otherwise it drains the battery very quickly.
    Another way to go is not to re-cock the shutter after shooting if you don't plan to use the camera for some time.
    The battery shows no signs of being drained once the camera is inside and warm.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if the battery contacts are corroded or dirty, they add resistance, and will make the entire circuit less efficient. The problem may be a combination of cold and less than optimum contacts.

I think it is worth checking.

Matt
    It must be the contacts. I have tried three different batteries and the problem persists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah I would say it's not normal. My M7 and M6 have been in colder temperatures and never had a problem with power.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    High temps have been 10F here lately and I've been out with both my M7's, one with Motor M and one with Leicavit and both function perfectly.
    Batteries, corroded contacts adding resistance or a contact contracting due to cold, as stated, are all possible causes.-Dick

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just got off the phone with Leica Techhical Services in NJ. They are telling me that the MP meter does not work at -3 degrees C because the battery gets too cold. Unbelievable!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin