Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,686   Online: 881

Shooter
    35mm

Ever used one of these ?

Any one had any experience using a voigtlander vito c. I bought this one a while ago from ebay for £25 it looks like brand new and i was thinking of putting some APX 100 though it. I just hope it takes pictures as well as it looks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vol.jpg   4651.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr Worry; 01-07-2009 at 06:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It looks great ! By all means put a rol of film through it !
    If the shutter works good go !
    These shutters are so easy to fix if you know what you are doing, wonderfull camera.

Enjoy,
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Does the shutter work? Those old Pronto's aren't too reliable.

The camera is great for snapshots. I'm sure you'll have fun using it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes it all seams fine shutter speeds seem to work & sound ok im looking forwad to putting it to some use pronto. I cant wait to see what the quality is like
    Last edited by Mr Worry; 01-07-2009 at 07:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Although the Lanthar is one of Voigtlander's cheaper lenses, it does perform OK. Don't expect too vibrant and contrasty colours, but shadow details should be quite good. You will like it for a change. B&W should beat many modern lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a beautiful little camera! I have a Vito B, but I haven't gotten around to shooting with it yet. Let us know how this camera works and feels.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you very much yes it is a great little camera to look at. I also have a vito b myself i recently put a roll of fuji superia though it to test it out (another ebay camera !) and i was very pleased with the results. Considering i just used my local tesco to process the film within the hour the prints came back sharp contrasty and full of colour. You would not beleave a 50 year old camera took them if you never knew any diffrent. as windscale was saying the vito c should beat many modern lenses for B&W hope thats the case as thats whats in it now !

Shooter
    35mm
    Vitos are well made, as others have said, the Color-Skopar lens is the preferred choice. No real bad points, as with any other leaf-shutter camers, the shutter will gum up if the camera is left unused for a long time, and mold may form in the lens if stored in damp conditions. Any repair will cost more than the camera did, but it's getting harder to find these cameras in perfect working order, although they are (undeservedly) unpopular and thus very cheap. I was amazed recently to win an e-bay auction for a Voigtländer Vitessa with Color-Skopar lens for £50, Vitos go for £10 and up, there are also Vito models with a meter (CL) and meter + rangefinder (CLR). Meter not specially useful, rangefinder more so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a Vito B I bought new in 1959 and the Voigtlander rangefinder and hood, they are still mint The camera was just over £20 in those days as far as I remember, I haven't used it for years until recently I shot a film with it and my modern Sekonic L 358 meter and the results were very good, it made me realise what a good , and useful camera it is, and I'm going to use it more,
    and am even considering getting it CLAd soon . It makes me realize that they haven't just discovered how to make good cameras, and considerind this was a consumer grade camera of those days the build quality is phonomenal
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-08-2009 at 04:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin