Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,485   Online: 1026

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    By the way Paul, really enjoyed looking through your photo galleries. Some excellent photographs and I like the presentation (the 'grabbed' quote from a conversation in the beginning of each slideshow - sets the mood). Your approach is something I've been working up to - take a camera you are comfortable with (that doesn't leak!) and go on a walk-about; keep it simple but work thoughtfully.

phc
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Vignir, it's always good to hear when people have enjoyed the pictures. You're dead right about the approach.

I'm updating the website right now (about time!) to incorporate a blog, and also to publicise my new book "The Constant Eye, Vol.1" which should be available any day now...

Have a look back soon!

Cheers, Paul.
    paulhardycarter.com <<< Pictures and blog.
    twitter <<< My twitter feed.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm shooting from the hip here, but the streak does resemble one that plagued my OM4Ti. Well, I thought it was a flaw in the camera. What it was though was light coming in through the eyepiece and somehow reaching the film!

This occurred only when I made long exposures while I stood aside tripping the shutter with a long cable. In your case, could the culprit have been India's very strong light? I wonder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like light leaks because the film cartridge was loaded into the camera with the light trap facing the sun--obviously, a very bright sun.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Have you checked the rear door hinge seal??

Usually if it is light bleeding through the felt trap on the cassette it gives an uneven edge appearance instead of a straight edge..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think the camera is the common denominator here, since the color film is fine.

The common denominator is black & white film. Where does the process differ between color and b&w. In developing the film.

So, it's a problem somewhere in the process of processing the film:

1. It's a problem from when you load the film onto the film reels, or
    2. It's a problem with the tank, or
    3. It's a problem with how the film is processed.

Analyze these three, and I'm sure you'll find your answer. I would start by checking how you load your film and see if there are any light leaks in that process. Then if that doesn't help I'd try a different tank. If that still doesn't help - let someone else brain storm.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    By the end of this week I'll hopefully know if the camera is wonky. I've had a look at the seals but nothing obvious there. I'm getting another b&w film developed (Pyramid Imaging in Edinburgh) and tomorrow I'll 'waste' a colour film - shoot through it quickly and get it express developed at Jessops. If both are fine, then I know it was the developing. On top of that, my Nikon dslr is also out of action. But there is no romance to that - just an 'err' message and new internals required. It's like owning a laptop. Thanks all.

Shooter
    35mm

Help can you tell what this is

I had the same problem with vertical light streaks over the pictures. First I thought that it was the camera, an Olympus mju, but after having the same problem with my Nikon F 100, I went to the photo shop where I had the films developed. The light leaks were always on the first and the third neg on the film. The personnel and I found out that it was the little apparatus on their desk that caused the leaks. This is the thing with a crank on the side where they load the film from the cassett into the lighttight box that they then put into their developing machine. The tightening lips of the slit where the film goes in were worn. After noticing this they bought a new loader and the leak was gone, but they got a new problem, the metal tongue that catches the film in the cassette scratches the film, sometimes on the first negative shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin