Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,046   Online: 905

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    T42

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    Getting my cataracts done made the most difference but putting a 1+ diopter lens in the viewfinders of both my Nikkormat FTn and my Bessa R3A also helped greatly and pretty well overcame the issue of wearing glasses while using either camera. I'd had to stop using the SLR until my eyes were fixed as I couldn't get clear focus.
    Glad to learn that has worked for you, Leigh, and that a weak diopter did the trick. My eyes require +2.5 diopters just to see clearly at infinity, and more than that to see clearly at one meter, the distance that a common SLR's viewfinder is designed to present to the eye. So, when I remove my eye from the finder with such a diopter, I see shapes and no detail mostly. Can't read print on a camera or lens in that case. Hence the solution that involves glasses.

As for the "other", nicely put. :-) However, as a practicing atheist I don't think I'll burden the forum members with my thoughts, even if others choose to do so.
    I suppose that our various views about such things would be worthy of a good and thorough discussion on an appropriate forum. Having said that, Wayne's tag does not bother me at all. I am not even aware of his brand of pursuasion.

The real issue might be contained in part of your reply - "adding value"???????
    Yes, I think so, Leigh. The most salient issue is about adding relevant value. IMO, in whatever we do we should try to make things better than they would otherwise be, and leave things better than we found them.

Happy day.

Henry
    A certified dinosaur using F, F2, M3 & K4a

T42

Shooter
    35mm

Patch Size

Hello Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    It's not just the diopter issue. It's the fact that I want a rangefinder mechanism that has a larger superimposed image.
    Do you suppose that a clear view of the viewfinder might alter the requirement? I've used an M3 for some time, and the size of the patch never seemed to be an issue at all. Why is it that a larger one is needed?

Henry

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Jeff View Post
    Hello,

The 3 LUG M5 bodies have 28mm viewfinders as well as 50mm. That'd be my recomendation. You can pick up a used one for a good price.
    Did I really post that twice??? I must be losing it.

In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Dannah, "Nevermind."
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Over and Out.

[QUOTE=T42;746454]
    I am not even aware of his brand of pursuasion.
    Henry

We shouldn't continue this, and I won't, but I Googled the reference to the book referred to as I didn't know about it either. Quite a fascinating story!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T42 View Post
    Hello Wayne.

Do you suppose that a clear view of the viewfinder might alter the requirement? I've used an M3 for some time, and the size of the patch never seemed to be an issue at all. Why is it that a larger one is needed?

Henry
    When I was shooting my M3 the first time it popped my contact lens out of my eye and was lost in the grass. I really didn't even notice it at first as I guess my other eye sort of made up for the difference and I moved the tripod before I noticed something wrong. I have since gone to glasses and it's not as good.
    The patch is a little small for me. It's much harder for me to focus then my SLR. I thought there might be something with a larger patch in another brand. I was also very interested in a metered body as well. Maybe I'll either try the HK diopters on E'boink and see how that fares or I'll just sell the camera and supplement my existing kit.
    W.A. Crider

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin