Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,242   Online: 867

Thread: canon QL17

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

canon QL17

Hello All,
    Does anyone that uses this camera adjust the ASA to make up for the different voltage of the newer non mercury batteries? If yes can you let me know how? If no then are you doing anything in the dev phase? Also what batteries are you using?
    thanks
    Arthur

Shooter
    35mm
    I go to WALMART and purchase an eight pack of the rayovac 675 hearing aid batteries, and use them in the camera. Not a snug fit side to side, but the + and - connect well and I don't have to make any adjustments for the voltage.

Shooter
    Holga
    I use a Wein Cell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a hand held meter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i use some aliminium foil and 675 zinc air hearing-aid battery's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adjusting the ISO is tricky because the meter varies based on the voltage of the battery. When the battery is new, you might be overexposing... when the battery is older you might be underexposing. It's probably not fatal with C41 film, but the substitute batteries mentioned here are probably the best bet.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I successfully recalibrated one of mine to kill two birds with one stone, use the new "wrong" batteries and use ASA/ISO up to 1600. I did a write-up of this over at RFF, but I will re-post it here if anybody wants it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dmr can you repost this please i would be interested how you got this working upto 1600.

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrobba View Post
    Dmr can you repost this please i would be interested how you got this working upto 1600.
    Yes, let me dig it up and I'll post it in a separate thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin