Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,293   Posts: 1,535,461   Online: 1018

Shooter
    35mm

hexar af photos w/ Reala 100 film

I realize the hexar af isn't technically a RF, but here are some photos taken over the weekend with Fuji Reala 100 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that is a special camera.nice shots.
    which model do you have..will you keep it and what scanner did you use .
    cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love my Hexar AF too.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I miss my hexar
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm

thanks!

I have 2, both are the black with silent and extended modes working, not sure if they came that way from factory, or were adjusted later, as I bought them both used. No date backs, but would be interesting to someday get one of those for family snaps.

I didn't use a scanner for these, they were just JPGs off the CD-ROM from Costco, where they use a Noritsu/QSS and usually do a good job at scanning, but always great to have the negatives so I can go back and re-scan special frames.

Quote Originally Posted by alan doyle View Post
    that is a special camera.nice shots.
    which model do you have..will you keep it and what scanner did you use .
    cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i sold the hexar silver on ebay last year and really regret it..amazing camera.
    even without the silent mode it is was still very quiet..
    thanks

Shooter
    35mm

Hexar AF my current camera of choice...

Pretty late reply but I wanted to post some comments and photos from the Konica Hexar AF. I had been shooting with Nikon D50 but instead of upgrading to a new model, I bought film cameras. I had been experimenting with Oly 35RC, Konica TC, and Konica S3 and I certainly hadn't been looking for an automatic film camera.

Recently I was on work in Groningen, Netherlands and spotted a Konica Hexar AF for sale in Sipkers camera shop, the Classic model. I bought it, partly because I didn't have a camera with me and wanted to spend a couple of hours that weekend shooting film. And I loved it. I like the looks, the feel (which came as a surprise - it is bit delicate and dainty), and the lens is superb. It is quick to focus, accurate, and so silent. Brilliant.

I have to use it more, I've only run 3 films through it, but right now I'm shooting ilford b&w film in London and hope to go through many rolls in the next few weeks.

Samples from Groningen:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/...2e46a729_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/...148fac45_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3625/...101f291c_o.jpg

Next time I go to India, I'll carry this one with me (although I'm worried it won't survive) along with a digital body...

My flickr gallery:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vharalds/

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    I also own two Hexar AF's. One is black with stealth mode and one is silver without stealth. Both are great for street photography. They are quirky cameras -- you can't get too too close without the EEE error popping up and on occasion the shutter button decides it doesn't want to take the picture. Other than that I love these cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin