Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,638   Online: 714

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kava, those pictures are wonderful. That camera seems like a great tool. But I've always known it's the eye and mind behind the viewer that makes the pictures.
    Today I went to a Auth Leica dealer here in NJ. I am trying the M6 for a week, with the 50mm f/2 and a zeiss f/2, I simply would not be able to affod the 35mm ASPH.
    As soon as I picked up the body and knew I was a dead man. What the heck is that power thats in their bodies to make one feel like that?

I mean the camera fit's so perfectly in one's hands, feels so natural in front of my eye. Holy cow, it really is amazing. This will be my last camera purchase for a very long time so I wanted to make sure it's the right one. I'm actually selling my new D700 to finance this move, which ever way it goes.

Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. Very greatful.
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What the heck is that power thats in their bodies to make one feel like that?
    I've wondered this myself. One thought of mine is that the fewer 'features' a camera is saddled with, the more it stimulates the photographer.

I've noticed the same thing happening holding a good TLR (be it a Yashicamat or a Rolleiflex), a good MF SLR (be it a Hasselblad or a Rolleiflex SL66), or a good 35mm SLR (be it an Olympus OM-1, a Canon A-1 or a Nikon F-3): the more the camera gets out of my way, and the more it is reduced to its essential functions, the harder I work; and the harder I work, the better my chances of having good results to show for it.

I have no doubt at all that the new Zeiss Ikon and Voigtländer RFs, and the older Nikon and Canon RFs, are fine cameras capable of extraordinary results. But I did notice that if a Leica sinks its teeth under your skin, to mix a metaphor, it does not readily let go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    I've wondered this myself. One thought of mine is that the fewer 'features' a camera is saddled with, the more it stimulates the photographer.
    I think that's the best description and one that I feel is true in my case. What's odd is that after many years of shooting digital I've found that the better the digi camera body got, the less I was excited and even, perhaps, I was taking not the pictures I was certianly up to. I found this recently with the Nikon D700. A marvel for sure but it was just too clean and sharp. I consider my going back to film, in fact, not going back but moving forward. Never before have I had such a desire to return to school, at age 48, for my degree in photography.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tom, how inclined are you to switch lenses? If not so inclined, something like a konica AF may be nice for your purposes, the lens is absolutely superb and it's a very nice, robust piece for walkaround / travel. Should run you around $400, well worth the lens itself.

Now, if you want a true take-everywhere walkaround then a good old oly xa is a great pocket camera.... and it's well within anybody's budget
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin