Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,741   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might check out the Leica Historical Society of America, LHSA.org. In addition to the historical aspects of Leica's, which can be fascinating, there is a large group of serious shooters many of whom are using film. There is a great new website in development, so please pardon the old one.

Tom, if you really want 12 exposure rolls you could bulk load your film. It is easy to do and cheaper too.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post

I am SO enjoying this camera. I just wish 135 had only 12 exposures so I could develop right away I won't just shoot and waste away...
    Best,
    Tom
    Tom - why not invest in a bulk roll of Tri-x and then you can wind short rolls to your heart's content? Just a thought. Graham

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Leica M is a great camera. The quality of construction is excellent, although I found the body to be unnecessarily large. Regardless, there's beauty in its simplicity, and operating it is effortless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey,
    I need some schooling on Leica camera's. But rather than take up 3 pages on the forum, if someone could write me via e-mail, I'd really appreciate it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The Leica M is a great camera. The quality of construction is excellent, although I found the body to be unnecessarily large. Regardless, there's beauty in its simplicity, and operating it is effortless.
    Mike, this is the first time I've heard someone describe an M as being "unnecessarily large". What part of it's design do you think could be changed and still retain what an M is? What kind of camemra do you prefer in compariton to an M?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a matter of perspective I guess, I feel it so comfortable and even a bit smaller but I'm use to Med Format et. al.
    I'm finding the camera simply amazing, exciting and just so dang wonderful.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For me, the M6 body is too thick, too tall and too heavy. And on the M6, the release point for the shutter is much too far into the travel. That is, you have to push the shutter release almost to the end before the shutter released. I missed a number of shots because I had pushed the release to what was the usual point of tripping the shutter, but I had to push another fraction of an inch. I found this really irksome.

I know that I could use a soft release, but why is it necessary to compensate for poor design? I also am not a fan of LEDs in the viewfinder.

I had wanted an M for some time, and I bought it from a shop owner. He was the original owner, and the camera had been lightly used.

I think the build was impeccable, and of course was very sturdy. The Summicron was a terrific optic.

I just couldn't get on with the body, so I eventually sold it to someone who I hope has made better use of it.

There were many things to like about the M6, but the few things that I didn't like outweighed the good., which was a shame because I think Leica makes excellent cameras. I still have my IIIf, which is another case of mostly good and some bad. The bad being having to trim the leader, two shutter speed dials, a shutter speed dial that rotates when you trip the shutter, and separate windows for focusing and composing. And the good being excellent build quality, a small svelte body and a quiet shutter.

Our love of cameras is very individual and aspects that I like or don't like are just the opposite of other photographers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mike, I understand. I guess I'm lucky. This is my first M and I find the fit to be perfect for me. I'm more then excited about the LED in the finder. Did you not really feel this way while testing it in the store? One thing I did with this was to test drive it for 4 days to make sure.

Shooter
    35mm
    the m6 is sublime. perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml

That is the Leica FAQ website. There is a ton of information to browse through there, mostly by enthusiasts.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin