Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,148   Online: 893

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Just picked up a M6 and...

HOLY COW!!!!
    Picked it up just for a trial for the week and I'm already in love with it. I was think about the M3 but I love the meter on this. Simple along with simply focusing ability. The man at the store said, that's it, you'll have the bug....
    I think he's right.....
    I'm am so excited... first roll, Tri-x pushed to 800. Can wait to develop it.

I owe a lot to this forum for helping me understand what fits my needs. (needs? ya, right. Wants is more like it)

Took a 50mm f/2 (non aph) and a zeiss 35 f/2 (can't afford the Leica 35mm just yet) and they seem to work for me.

A while ago I remember a post with a link that lead to the history of Leica Camera's. Does anyone have this please along with any other good resources.
    Thanks
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any M series Leica is a real pleasure to use, I have an M3 if I bought another I'd get an M4 or possibly M6. Even the 50's Summicrons are superb.

Type Leica into Wkipedia and you'll find the major websites linked to.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If the budget is tight, check out these lenses: http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtsys.htm
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    You pretty much have all you need. You could in the future add a 90mm tele-elmarit (2nd version) for a little more reach or soft portraits. They don't run very high.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks so much for peeking. Pinhole, that's what I had in mind also, I've heard great things about them. But I doubt that I'll even be able to afford them for at least another year after this pick up. I've not commited to the camera yet, I just have it for the week, but once I held it in my hands I knew I was a dead man.
    What is that?
    T

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lots of threads here.
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...php?forumid=10
    Read the classifieds to see going prices for what you want to add, someday.
    Lots of interesting links.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just bought my first M6 a few weeks ago after using an M3 for a year. Something about it that just feels better then the M3. Perhaps it is not reaching into my bag periodically to check light levels that makes me happy.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the M6, there's no turning back now.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hehe, wait till you start NEEDing an MP... ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yup Uncle, I can see I'm done for.

Honestly, it may be the finest camera I've ever held in my hands. (I don't get out much) I can't put it into exact words but it just works so well for me. The Focusing is awesome and I really love the meter system whereas the arrows pave the way. Even a dim arrow can tell me if in case I want to over/under expose a 1/3 stop.

This will actually be my first camera that is a pleasure to take everyday with me. I really like the way I can pop a lens in my pocket with it's size and light weight. I don't even know where to begin counting the ways I love this body.

Now, I would of course use my MF for landscape work but I would really see sometimes where I would enjoy a very long shutter for this. I have all Singh-Ray filters and I'm wondering how I could use them on this??

My fav, the Vari-ND whereas I can dial in ND from 2 to 8 stops would prob. work as I can hold it right in front of the lens but since the lens glass front is so small I don't think a Soft Stop ND would make much of a difference unless you got it just right.... and with a RangeFinder viewer, pretty impossible.

Does anyone use filters on theirs? Since I shoot mostly Tri-x a Red filter might be nice.

I gave (Giving) up a lot for this camera. But if I have something I really enjoy and I'll use EVERY day, it is so worth it. I'm loving MF too with 120.

Like this thread a lot, thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin