Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,439   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Medium Format

The M6 and Filters question please..

I would of course use my MF for landscape work but I would really see sometimes where I would enjoy a very long shutter for this. I have various Singh-Ray filters and I'm wondering how I could use them on this??

My fav, the Vari-ND whereas I can dial in ND from 2 to 8 stops would prob. work as I can hold it right in front of the lens but since the lens glass front is so small I don't think a Soft Stop ND would make much of a difference unless you got it just right.... and with a RangeFinder viewer, pretty impossible.

Does anyone use filters on theirs? Since I shoot mostly Tri-x a Red filter might be nice. Could I just hold a red 4x6 filter over this lens. Something different?

I gave (Giving) up a lot for this camera. But if I have something I really enjoy and I'll use EVERY day, it is so worth it. I'm loving MF too with 120.

Thanks so much.
    Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One of the nice things about a rangefinder is that you *don't* have to look through the filter while taking pictures. This is great for things like IR filters and B&W filters. Others kinds like polarizers and grad NDs are a bit more tricky to use so I don't.

So yes, I use them, but really only B&W and IR filters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you much. I think I would only use the red filter. Can you please tell me if the quality is known to be good? Are there several different types? I'm not lazy just having a hard time finding the info.
    Thank you.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Thank you much. I think I would only use the red filter. Can you please tell me if the quality is known to be good? Are there several different types? I'm not lazy just having a hard time finding the info.
    Thank you.
    Tom
    The filter size will be 39mm for a 50mm Summicron, and you'll certainly find these new from reputable companies like B&W. There are different shades of red, however, but the 25 seems a popular one.

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/bwcolors.html
    Last edited by Peter Black; 02-20-2009 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add link

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin