Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,580   Online: 894

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I heard that you could get it by shooting at F22, but thats a bit hard to do without a ton of light.

It would probably be the other way around; I'd shoot a high contrast slide film with the aperture wide open. The image you linked to looks cross processed, which I think increases contrast as well.

You could mechanically introduce vignette by adding a home-made vignetter (like a lens hood). Just figure out your field of view and attach a black paper tube around the lens, sized to slightly obstruct your field of view. May take some trial and error but that's a way you can introduce vignette.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    perhaps shoot normal and burn the corners when you print the negative. this way you can induce the kind of vigneting is more appropriate for your subject.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Yup I would say that too! Burning the corners isn't difficult if you do your own darkroom. If you get your print by giving it to the lab very likely that they won't print it optically any way so you can get vignetting easily by doing the scan yourself, photoshop it and give it to the lab. No quality lost, actually I think you get better quality scanning it yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Coverage of the film plane ....

goes up as the lens is stopped down, doesn't it? I'm betting wide open, if yours will do it at all.

Jo

Shooter
    35mm
    I have not noticed significant vignetting with the XA. However, my XA2 vignettes very strongly, as well as being VERY contrasty. I thought at first that the meter was underexposing by 1/3 to 1/2 stop. But after experimenting with the exposure, it does not appear to be the meter. It appears the lens is just very contrasty (even for a Zuiko) and prone to vignetting.

I've become curious enough to look for another cheap XA2 to see if this was typical for the model.

Shooter
    35mm
    XAs are known to vignette at the widest setting, f/2.8. Try that and see how your shots turn out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin