Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,836   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If the description's right, (and I've no reason to suppose otherwise) looks like a good deal.............now to deal with the missus!!!!!!
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was wrong when I said earlier that there should be 2 darkslides.

Just one, as shown in http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame

You use the same darkslide for changing magazines and changing lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    100$ is a killer deal. My dad works with a Rapid 100, and has the whole lineup of lenses. The 90 was definitely made for sharpness, and will stay sharp even when stopped down a lot before reaching diffraction.

All the other lenses are good, and can be easily found on the used market at KEH or the bay. Their design follows the lines of classic Zeiss lenses (cf: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/5...n-roundup.html for a chart), and compare seductively with Hasselblad lenses.

Some Gossen light meters still go for about 100$ alone!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I once tested a Koni 180mm side by side with a Pentax 67 165mm knowing all the time the MC Pentax would of course be sharper. Not so. The Koni won that round. These must be languishing in the trough of least value. The image quality will be the worlds biggest bargain for a hundred bucks.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Koni Omega. The reason I bought it was at the time it was the least expensive camera system when you bought a body, back, normal lens and wide angle lens. Even with the drop in prices of Mamiya RB gear, I think that is still true.

As others have said, the lenses are amazing, and $100 is a steal. The operation is a bit different than many cameras and it did take me several rolls to get the hang of it, but it was worth it. If you decide the camera isn't for you, you should be able to get your money back in a sale, and then some.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love the KO's - have had 3 of them at one point. Other caveats: because of the rapid nature of film advance/shutter cocking (and they were aimed at wedding shooters), some folks got heavy handed which can bend some of the teeth on the gearing mechanism. Would be nice to check with the seller if the spacing between film frames is equal.

Also, the KO's have a front resting post just below the lens which is afixed to a flat piece of metal - I have never seen one where this flat peice wasn't bent to some degree; have never had a problem resulting from it though.

The other thing to check is the shooting grip. There were 2 types - the Rapid M should have the anatomic style grip, which is much easier to hold than the old flatter version.

The issue of the wife - not only will she notice, but other folks will want to know if it's a Hasselblad!! It is a VERY prominent appearing camera - I think it's because it's big and you're always bringing it to eye level. Attach the dedicated strobe holder, a Strobomatic 500 or an AscorLight and the accompanying battery back and you'll look ready for battle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I think it has been pretty obivious that this will be a good deal and I will probably like the camera enough to take the verbal spousal abuse that may come along with it. However, I got the pictures yesterday, so I thought I would post them to make sure no one else was able to pick out something I have not seen.

And a manual

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As older Koni's go, this one is barely broken in.

The little red tab on the bottom of the 120 back is the dark slide (it pulls out of the storage slot on the back).

I can't make out the model of the Gossen meter. If it's a Luna Pro, there may be battery availability/compatibility issues that can be resolved. Plenty of info online; do a search.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    take the verbal spousal abuse that may come along with it.
    You have to suffer for your art! We all do!!!

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    He did send a couple of blurry pics but all I can really tell is that the crack seems to be off in the corner and that it is a Omega Rapid M
    So much the better. I believe that that camera takes the later and more common backs. So you would have less trouble getting another back for it, if you would like one. I like to keep two 120 and one 220 back loaded up at all times.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin